The Pacific Life Community agrees to adhere to these guidelines for nonviolent behavior during active witness, direct actions, and citizen interventions.
- Refuse to engage in verbal abuse or physical violence;
- Pledge not to bring or use any drugs or alcohol other than for medical purposes;
- Carry no weapons;
- Refuse to retaliate if injured;
- Maintain a spirit of openness, friendliness and respect toward police officers, court officials, and all others I encounter;
- Share my message of peace with clarity;
- Listen with my self fully present and alert;
- Remain gentle, never self-righteous or hostile;
- Keep in mind that transformation and conversion to peace must begin with my own life;
- Sustain this discipline throughout all consequences, even under arrest.